Recreational Sports Policy
CYA participates in the Fairfax County Youth Sports Scholarship Program. To qualify for this program, the player must be a Fairfax County resident, must provide a copy of the Fairfax County lunch letter and complete the application. Effective Fall 2019, there is a $75.00 application fee required for participation in CYA sports.
CYA Financial Assistance is available for one recreational sport, per player, per season. Multiple sports in a season for the same player (Fall, Winter, Spring or Summer) will not be approved. This assistance program is NOT available for camps, clinics, travel or advanced programs.
- THIS MUST BE DONE EVERY SEASON AS PAPERWORK IS NOT KEPT FROM SEASON TO SEASON. Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the lunch letter and completed application.
- Financial Aid Request paperwork MUST be submitted by August 15 to be considered for Fall 2022. The option will no longer be availalbe after this date.
- Uniform kits are not included with assistance unless already provided for the entire program.
- Additional training, camps & clinics and advanced programs are not eligible for the Fairfax County assistance program.
- Player will not be placed on a team until supporting scholarship documentation has been received, reviewed and approved.
- Submission of paperwork does not guarantee assistance.